All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $26.63Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $47.03Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $36.61Trending at AU $44.77
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
About this product
- DescriptionMeet the Carters: Mr. and Mrs. Carter, 10-year-old daughter Keisha, five-year-old Razi, baby Paolo, and Grandma Alice. Together, they run Carters' Urban Rescue, the place you call when you've got an animal where it shouldn't be. In their first adventure, there's a baby alligator at the city pool, which will seriously interfere with opening day, especially Keisha's cannball practice. So it's up to the whole family to figure out what to do with the poor guy who has business hanging around Michigan. Luckily for all of them, and thanks to some serious ingenuity from Keisha, the answer is closer than they ever could have imagined. Sue Stauffacher turns to her first series effort with Animal Rescue Team. With compelling plots based on actual events in her community, Sue has created a lovable cast of characters of boys and girls, young and old, who feel like people you'd meet at your neighborhood block party. Written in an accessible and engaging style meant to appeal to those independent readers looking to be excited and entertained, and with subplots about friendship, siblings, the environment, and animal conservation, along with plenty of humor, these will be a hit with teachers and librarians, and parents, as well as kids themselves. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographySue Stauffacher lives with her husband and sons in a 150+-year-old farmhouse in the city of Grand Rapids, Michigan. Over the years, possums, bats, raccoons, mice, squirrels, crows, ducks, woodchucks, chipmunks, voles, skunks, bunnies, and a whole bunch of other critters have lived on the property. Though Sue is not a rehabilitator herself, she is passionate about helping kids know what to do when the wild meets the child. A longtime advocate for literacy, Sue speaks around the country, connecting kids with books to help grow lifelong readers. She is a former book reviewer, and her novels for young readers include Harry Sue, Donutheart, and Donuthead. To learn more about Sue and her books, visit her on the Web at www.suestauffacher.com. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Sue Stauffacher
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication15/05/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleAnimal Rescue Team (Paperback)
- Series Part/Volume Number01
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2011
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width132 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Priscilla Lamont
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.