Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $36.04Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Paul Gauguin (1848-1903) painted Vision After the Sermon in the summer of 1888 he was a mature artist who had travelled, exhibited and worked in a variety of media. Today the painting is considered a masterpiece, helping to assure Gauguin's fame the world over. Few paintings have given rise to more art historical analysis and critique, more speculation, admiration or recrimination. Accompanying the invative painting-in-focus exhibition, 'Gauguin's Vision', this book illuminates one of the most intriguing and famous images in the history of western art. This re-examination of the painting, Vision After the Sermon: Jacob Wrestling with the Angel brings together works by Gauguin, his mentors such as Paul C, zanne and Edgar Degas, and younger contemporaries including Emile Bernard, Paul S, rusier, Maurice Denis and Henri van de Velde. It explores the biographical, pictorial and cultural circumstances that enabled Gauguin to make such a radical statement in paint in 1888. This beautifully illu
- Author(s)Belinda Thomson
- PublisherNational Galleries of Scotland
- Date of Publication30/12/1999
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNational Galleries of Scotland
- Content Note140 col.
- Weight816 g
- Width250 mm
- Height265 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.