All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
About this product
- DescriptionIt is a treasure of letters written from one gay man to ather gay man nearly 60 years ago. Gay Letters From Millicent to Maude is a restoration and an organized read; and although literature exists on gay history ne have been written from a 1950's historical perspective of actual writings of two gay men which provides a surprisingly original concept for readers. The humor and sophistication of these letters is only rivaled by Millicent's and Maude's preoccupation with Hollywood, theatre, gay culture and fashion of the 1950's. Humorous and fast moving, this book is born out of a desire to give all of us a better understanding of these two high-spirited gay male debutantes who lived matter what happened at a time when gays were mistreated and sexual mirities were second-class to the 1950's idealistic standards. Published under the pseudonyms James Considere and Bill Edwards, the authors reside in Palm Springs, southern California.
- Author BiographyThe book is co-authored by James Considere and Bill Edwards who reside in Palm Springs, southern California.
- Author(s)James Considere
- PublisherJames Allen Herman A.
- Date of Publication18/05/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJames Allen Herman A.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight145 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.