All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSimon Doonan kws that when it comes to style, the gays are the chosen people. A second anthropological truth comes to him midway through a turkey burger with bun, at an otherwise hetero barbecue: Do the straight people have any idea how many calories are in the guacamole? In this hilarious discourse on and guide to the well-lived life, Doonan goes far beyond the secrets to eating like the French he proves that gay men really are French women, from their delight in fashion, to their brilliant choices in accessories and decor, to their awe-inspiring ability to limit calorie intake. A Gucci-wearing Margaret Mead at heart, Doonan offers his own inimitable life experiences and uncanny insights into makes gay people driven to live every day feeling their best, and proves that they have just as much and possibly better wisdom, advice, and inspiration beyond the same old diet and exercise tips.So put down that bag of Pirate s Booty and pick up this fierce and fabulous book. From slimming jaunts through Capri in the evening to an intrepid Bear hunt (if you have to ask, you have to read this book and find out for yourself), Gay Men Don t Get Fat is the ultimate approach to a glamorous lifestyle plus, you are guaranteed to laugh away the pounds!
- Author BiographySimon Doonan is the author of several books, including Wacky Chicks, Confessions of a Window Dresser, and Beautiful People, which was adapted for television in the UK. Originally from England, he worked on Savile Row before becoming the creative director for Barneys New York, where he designed legendary window displays for more than twenty years. Formerly a columnist for The New York Observer, he is now a contributor to Slate.com, and has appeared on Gossip Girl, Iron Chef America, America's Next Top Model, and elsewhere. Doonan lives in New York with his husband, Jonathan Adler.
- Author(s)Simon Doonan
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew American Library
- Weight204 g
- Width135 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.