All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.94
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionThe book reproduces a set of drawings by English artist, Peter Rhoades with a foreword by Professor Avi Shlaim. The drawings were made as a response to media coverage of the Israeli attack on Gaza Operation Cast Lead in 2008-9. Rhoades was appalled by the overwhelming violence, destruction and suffering being imposed by a military superpower on a virtually defenceless population. An attack of even worse severity was mounted subsequently in 2014. The drawings were made spontaneously and viscerally in face of press photography and texts. The issues involved in the conflict were brought into focus for the artist at the time by an article in the Guardian newspaper by Professor Avi Shlaim and this led to Rhoades showing the drawings to Professor Shlaim in Oxford. The drawings are intended as a tribute to the sufferings and deprivations of Palestinians in Palestine/Israel and elsewhere.
- Author BiographyPeter Rhoades is an artist and lecturer in fine art. He is currently the Art Tutor at Christ Church, University of Oxford.
- Author(s)Peter Rhodes
- PublisherSkyscraper Publications
- Date of Publication06/04/2016
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNewbold on Stour
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSkyscraper Publications
- Content Note19
- Width285 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.