All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince the last two decades the research of Memory Cultures intensively focused on how media participates in the representation of the past. When this specific potentiality gets involved in a competition of media, a Paragone of Memory raises, which points out the memorial mechanisms and capacities of media and puts them under consideration. The model for that prolific competitive relation is the Paragone, the competition of the Arts from Leonardo da Vinci to Gotthold Ephraim Lessing, which discusses also the function of memory of text, image and sound. The articles in this book examine the controversial intermedial constellation from antique representations of dreams, medieval manuals of devotion, baroque opera and medals around 1800 to contemporary media art.
- PublisherV&R unipress GmbH
- Date of Publication15/12/2009
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleFormen Der Erinnerung
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 42
- Place of PublicationGottingen
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintV&R unipress GmbH
- Content Noteillus.
- Weight27 g
- Edited byChristiane Holm,Sabine Heiser
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.