Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $55.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTHE PERFECT GIFT - Whether you love the computer world the way it is, or consider it a nightmare honkytonk prison, you'll giggle and rage at Ted Nelson's telling of computer history, its personalities and infights. Computer movies, music, 3D; the eternal fight between Jobs and Gates; the tangled stories of the Internet and the World Wide Web; all these and more are punchily told in brief chapters on many topics such as The Web Browser Salad, Voting Machines, Google, Web 2.0 and much more. These short stories make great reading - it's a book to dip in and out of. You'll find answers to such questions as # Why do alphabets have upper case, why t numbers? # Why does everything have to be hierarchical on computers? That's t how *my* projects are organized! Where did WYSIWYG come from? The answer will surprise you. Plus, you'll find out why the author, a well-kwn computer veteran, hopes it can all become much better.
- Author(s)Ted Nelson
- PublisherMindful Press
- Date of Publication28/01/2009
- SubjectComputing: General
- Place of PublicationSausalito
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMindful Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight316 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsDigest format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $99.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.