All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA classic book gets a new, redesigned, and sumptuous edition in celebration of its 25th anniversary. Updated and revised, Gems & Crystals showcases the museum's rewned collection and unlocks the science behind the dazzling properties of each gemstone species. Nearly 150 key varieties of gems and minerals are profiled, with information on their history, lore, and sources, as well as the relationships among the bewildering variety of crystals, minerals, rocks, and gemstones. Extensively researched and stunningly illustrated, this very special volume will fascinate vice and expert alike.
- Author BiographyAnna S. Sofianides worked for 23 years in the Department of Mineral Sciences at the American Museum of Natural History. A tireless researcher, Ms. Sofianides has been collecting data on gemstones and the Museum's collection since 1974. George E. Harlow, PhD, is an eminent mineralogist and crystallographer. He has recently carried out research on the jadeite variety of jade, examining the source in Guatemala. Harold and Erica Van Pelt are recognised among the top photographers of gems and gemstones in the world. Their work has appeared in Lapidary Journal, Gems and Gemology, Rock and Gem, and Mineralogical Record.
- Author(s)American Museum of Natural History,Anna S. Sofianides,George E. Harlow
- PublisherSterling Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication03/12/2015
- SubjectNatural History: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notefull colour photographs and illustrations
- Weight1179 g
- Width229 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Photographs byErica Van Pelt,Harold Van Pelt
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.