Gems, Minerals & Rocks of Wyoming : A Guide for Rock Hounds, Prospectors & Collectors by W Dan Hausel (Paperback / softback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $64.15Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $81.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne geologist spent 30 years exploring Wyoming while ting the variety of minerals, rocks and gemstones scattered statewide. During these investigations, Wyoming, which once was considered to be relatively poor in gemstones, soon became kwn as having the most diversified assemblage of gemstones of any state in the United States. The author discovered dozens of new mineral, gemstone and rock localities, more than a hundred gold amalies and mapped the largest diamondiferous kimberlite fields in the US and the largest field of lamproites in North America. During these investigations, the author, W. Dan Hausel, discovered some of the largest gemstones and deposits on earth. Now he shares these localities with his readers.
- Author BiographyIt is extremely rare for a person to find a world-class mineral deposit, after all, only a few such deposits are found each decade. W. Dan Hausel (geologist, prospector, and author) discovered more than one world-class mineral deposit, a few major gold, diamond and gemstone deposits and made more than a hundred other significant mineral discoveries. Professor Hausel was a member of a 7-man discovery team of the Donlin Creek gold deposit in Alaska in 1988. This deposit hosts at least 40 million ounces: essentially an equivalent amount of gold that has been mined in all of Alaska since gold was discovered in 1848. He also discovered the Rattlesnake Hills gold district in Wyoming: a district that is currently being explored for both Kalgoorlie- and Cripple Creek-type gold deposits. He found the Palmer Canyon, Grizzly Creek and the Sherman Mountains colored gemstone deposits. Two of which are likely world class gem deposits with giant iolite gemstones. Hausel, sees things others overlook. Where others walked & saw nothing, he found gold, platinum, palladium, opal, diamonds, rubies, sapphires, iolite, peridot, agate, jasper & some of the largest gemstones on earth and some of the larger gold deposits in North America. Spending summers alone in wilderness, he mapped >1000 km2 of complex geologic terrain, historic mines, rare volcanic rocks with diamonds & other gems & wrote about these in more than 700 papers, maps and books as a research geologist for Wyoming and as a private consultant for several international gold, base metal, gemstone and diamond mining companies. He was presented more than a hundred regional, national and international awards for his work including President's Award by the American Association of Petroleum Geologists, the Prospector's Best Friend Award by the Rocky Mountain Prospectors, the Distinguished Service Award by the Wyoming Geological Association, the Archimedes Award of Geological Sciences by the International Biographical Institute and the Thayer Lindsley Award for a Major International Gold Discovery by the Prospectors & Developers in Canada. Elected to the National Rock Hound & Lapidary Hall of Fame & Millennium Hall of Fame for contributions to the geological sciences. His achievements highlight dozens of Who's Who compendiums: Who's Who in Science & Engineering, Who's Who in the West, Who's Who in America, Who's Who in the World, 2000 Outstanding Scientists of the 20th Century & others.
- Author(s)W Dan Hausel
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication13/01/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight245 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.