All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionFemales consistently score lower than males on standardized tests of mathematics - yet such differences exist in the classroom. These differences are t trivial, r are they insignificant. Test scores help determine entrance to college and graduate school and therefore, by extension, a person's job and future success. If females receive lower test scores then they also receive fewer opportunities. Why does this discrepancy exist? This book presents a series of papers that address these issues by integrating the latest research findings and theories. Authors such as Diane Halpern, Jacquelynne Eccles, Beth Casey, Ronald Nuttal, James Byrnes, and Frank Pajares tackle these questions from a variety of perspectives. Many different branches of psychology are represented, including cognitive, social, personality/self-oriented, and psychobiological. The editors then present an integrative chapter that discusses the ideas presented and other areas that the field should explore.
- Author BiographyAnn M. Gallagher is a Research Scientist at LSAC. Her main research interest is sources of group differences in test performance and problem solving. She has published in the Journal of Educational Measurement, The Journal of Experimental Child Psychology, Merrill Palmer Quarterly and Teacher's College Record. James C. Kaufman is an Assistant Professor of Psychology at the California State University at San Bernardino, where he is also the director of the Learning Research Institute. He served as the co-editor of The Evolution of Intelligence (with Robert J. Sternberg, 2002) and The International Handbook of Creativity (with Robert J. Sternberg, Cambridge, 2006).
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication27/12/2004
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note17 b/w illus. 11 tables
- Weight660 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byAnn-Marie Gallagher,James C. Kaufman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.