All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWork organizations are a major site of gender politics for professional women and men, and although there are more women in senior positions than ever before, these increased opportunities have t been gained without psychological consequences. Evidence-based and theoretically driven, the new edition of Gender, Power and Organization raises important questions about gender and power in the workplace, and the psychology of women's advancement. Twenty years on from the first edition, it re-examines gender relations at work and asks why, despite many years of feminist critique and action, we are able to understand the dynamics of the workplace but fail to make them more representative. The struggles women face in professional and public life remain intense, t least because many men experience an increasing sense of threat to their long-term aspirations and professional positions. Using examples from recent research and the author's own consultancy experience, this important volume offers a fresh exploration of the psychology of gender and power at work, from the development of gender identities and roles, to explanations of bullying and sexual harassment in the organization. It offers an accessible survey of the subject for professional managers and students of leadership, psychology, management, sociology, gender, and women's studies.
- Author BiographyPaula Nicolson, a Chartered Psychologist, Fellow of the British Psychological Society, Organizational Consultant and Leadership Coach, is Emeritus Professor of Health and Social Care in the Department of Social Work, Royal Holloway, University of London, UK.
- Author(s)Paula Nicolson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/06/2015
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight302 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.