All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
About this product
- DescriptionSarah Hicks Williams was the rthern-born wife of an antebellum slaveholder. Rebecca Fraser traces her journey as she relocates to Clifton Grove, the Williams' slaveholding plantation, presenting her with complex dilemmas as she reconciled her new role as plantation mistress to the gender script she had been raised with in the North.
- Author BiographyREBECCA FRASER carried out her doctoral work at the University of Warwick, UK. She is currently a lecturer of American History and Culture in the School of American Studies at the University of East Anglia.
- Author(s)Rebecca J. Fraser
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication16/11/2012
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleGenders and Sexualities in History
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight425 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.