All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGender, Sexuality and Museums provides the only repository of key articles, new essays and case studies for the important area of gender and sexuality in museums. It is the first reader to focus on LGBT issues and museums, and the first reader in nearly 15 years to collect articles which focus on women and museums. At last, students of museum studies, women's studies, LGBT studies and museum professionals have a single resource. The book is organised into three thematic parts, each with its own introduction. Sections focus on women in museum work, applications of feminist and LGBT theories to museum exhibitions, exhibitions and collections pertaining to women and individuals who are LGBT. The Case studies in a fourth part provide different perspectives to key topics, such as memorials and memorializing; modernism and museums; and natural history collections. The collection concludes with a bibliographic essay evaluating scholarship to date on gender and sexuality in museums. Amy K. Levin brings together outstanding articles published in the past as well as new essays. The collection's scope is international, with articles about US, Canadian, and European institutions. Gender, Sexuality and Museums: A Routledge Reader is an essential resource for those studying gender and sexuality in the museum.
- Author BiographyAmy Levin is Acting Associate Dean for Academic Administration in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at Northern Illinois University. She is also a professor of English at the university and has served both as director of Women's Studies and coordinator of Museum Studies. She studies and teaches about race, class, and gender in museums in the U.S. and Europe. Her first two books were studies in literary criticism, and her third book, Defining Memory: Local Museums and the Construction of History in America's Changing Communities, is an edited collection of articles on small museums.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/07/2010
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations
- Weight589 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAmy K. Levin
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.16New
- AU $64.84Used
- AU $78.59New
- AU $105.40New
- AU $75.53Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $45.70Trending at AU $72.17
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $80.10
- AU $21.26Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $94.39
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.54
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.10
- AU $21.28Trending at AU $22.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.