All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $23.00New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.26Trending at AU $43.67
About this product
- DescriptionWhile gender equality has progressed in many sports since the second wave of the feminist movement in terms of women's inclusion, participation, and success, harness horse racing has been recalcitrant to change. Gender, Work, and Harness Racing: Fast Horses and Strong Women in Southwestern Pennsylvania investigates the stories of women involved in harness racing to expose how they use the uniqueness of their situation to work for positive change. With stirring accounts of the strong women who are surviving, and sometimes succeeding, in harness horse racing, Elizabeth Anne Larsen's analysis provides insight for studies of gender and work, occupational sex segregation, and women's studies.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Anne Larsen is professor of sociology at California University of Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Anne Larsen
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication19/11/2014
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 1 tables
- Weight417 g
- Width162 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.