All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book takes a look beneath the surface of this miracle growth , to explore the political ecomy of this process. Beyond the superficial macroecomics of high growth rates, increasing GDP per capita and high trade volume, the book looks at what is happening to the very socioecomic and political fabric of society; particularly in terms of the transformation of gender relations. Chen's study explores: * how the gender impacts of government policies shape the unequal realities of women, * how women have carried on in production and social reproduction and made efforts to improve their status, and * how women could potentially adopt a strategy to overcome the gender impacts so as to attain the equality and justice they have been promised by the Chinese government in a harmonious well off society. This book is a core resource for all students of Chinese ecomics and development studies. The book is also relevant to those who are involved in research and teaching on gender and development and women's studies.
- Author BiographyLanyan Chen is Professor and Foreign Expert at the Institute of Gender and Social Development at Tianjin Normal University in China.
- Author(s)Lanyan Chen
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/07/2008
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleRoutledge IAFFE Advances in Feminist Economics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations, 3 black & white tables, 5 black & white line drawings
- Weight362 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $29.85Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.