All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe articles in this book share a dedication to broadening and stretching the scholarly field of feminist citizenship studies and invite the reader to reflect on the many different ways citizenship is formed in contemporary Europe. They do so by stretching the concept of citizenship itself, going beyond legalistic definitions, and by asking new questions about the ways in which citizenship is constructed, the entitlements to benefits, and to social and political participation, how cultures of kwledge allow participation and how inclusion and exclusion can be represented. In all cases -gender- is one of the categories that allow a deeper insight and a better perception of the way the ideals of citizenship have helped people to overcome exclusion. As the articles show, access to citizenship differs from context to context. Citizenship is never only a legal status: it has to do with cultural diversity, with recognition of difference, with access to professions and hierarchies on the labour market, t least in universities with traditions in political as well as visual representation. The collection is an introduction to new research in the field of European gender studies.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Elzbieta H. Oleksy is Professor of Humanities at the University of Lodz and the University of Warsaw in Poland. She is Founding Director of Women's Studies Centre at University of Lodz. Her research and teaching focus on cultural studies. Andrea Peto is a historian. She is Associate Professor at the Department of Gender Studies at the Central European University and Associate Professor at the University of Miskolc (Hungary), where she directs the Equal Opportunity and Gender Studies Center. Berteke Waaldijk is a historian. She is Professor of Language and Culture Studies at Utrecht University (the Netherlands). She is the academic coordinator of ATHENA3, Advanced Thematic Network in European Women's Studies, an EU-sponsored network for Women's Studies.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/05/2008
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight370 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byAndrea Petoe,Berteke Waaldijk,Elzbieta H. Oleksy
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.