All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe third edition of Gender and Elections offers a systematic, lively, and multifaceted account of the role of gender in the electoral process through the 2012 elections. This timely yet enduring volume strikes a balance between highlighting the most important developments for women as voters and candidates in the 2012 elections and providing a more long-term, in-depth analysis of the ways that gender has helped shape the contours and outcomes of electoral politics in the United States. Individual chapters demonstrate the importance of gender in understanding and interpreting presidential elections, presidential and vice-presidential candidacies, voter participation and turut, voting choices, congressional elections, the political involvement of Latinas, the participation of African American women, the support of political parties and women's organizations, candidate communications with voters, and state elections. Without question, Gender and Elections is the most comprehensive, reliable, and trustworthy resource on the role of gender in US electoral politics.
- Author BiographySusan J. Carroll is Professor of Political Science and Women's and Gender Studies at Rutgers University and Senior Scholar at the Center for American Women and Politics of the Eagleton Institute of Politics. She is the author of Women as Candidates in American Politics, 2nd edition (1994); co-author (with Kira Sanbonmatsu) of More Women Can Run: Gender and Pathways to the State Legislatures (2013); and editor of The Impact of Women in Public Office (2001) and Women and American Politics: New Questions, New Directions (2003). Richard L. Fox is Professor of Political Science at Loyola Marymount University. His research examines how gender affects voting behavior, state executive elections, congressional elections, and political ambition. He is the author of Gender Dynamics in Congressional Elections (1997) and coauthor of Tabloid Justice: The Criminal Justice System in the Age of Media Frenzy, 2nd edition (2007). He is also coauthor, with Jennifer Lawless, of It Still Takes a Candidate: Why Women Don't Run for Office, 2nd edition (Cambridge University Press, 2010).
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication23/12/2013
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note7 b/w illus. 30 tables
- Weight520 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byRichard L. Fox,Susan J. Carroll
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.