All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is globalization? How is it gendered? How does it work in Asia and the Pacific? The authors of the sixteen original and invative essays presented here take fresh stock of globalization's complexities. They pursue critical feminist inquiry about women, gender, and sexualities and produce original insights into changing life patterns in Asian and Pacific Island societies.Each essay puts the lives and struggles of women at the center of its examination while weaving examples of global circuits in Asian and Pacific societies into a world frame of analysis.
- Author BiographyKathy E. Ferguson is professor of political science and women's studies at the University of Hawai'i-Manoa. Monique Mironesco is assistant professor of political science at the University of Hawai'i - West O'ahu and teaches women's studies and political science at the University of Hawai'i-Manoa and Chaminade University, respectively.
- PublisherUniversity of Hawai'i Press
- Date of Publication15/10/2008
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationHonolulu, HI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Hawai'i Press
- Content Note3 illustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byKathy E. Ferguson,Monique Mironesco
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.