Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionThe study of gender in rural spaces is still in its infancy. Thus far, there has been little exploration of the constitution of the varied and differing ways that gender is constituted in rural settings. This book will place the question of gender, rurality and difference at its center. The authors examine theoretical constructions of gender and explore the relationship between these and rural spaces. While there have been extensive debates in the feminist literature about gender and the intersection of multiple social categories, rural feminist social scientists have yet to theorize what gender means in a rural context and how gender blurs and intersects with other social categories such as sexuality, ethnicity, class and (dis)ability. This book will use empirical examples from a range of research projects undertaken by the authors as well as illustrations from work in the Australasia region, Europe, and the United States to explore gender and rurality and their relation to sexuality, ethnicity, class and (dis)ability.
- Author BiographyLia Bryant is a sociologist at the University of South Australia, and has been engaged in rural studies for 20 years. She has published widely on gender, sexuality and embodiment in the rural and has also had an ongoing interest in class and its intersections with gender in shaping relations in rural communities. Barbara Pini has an extensive publication record in the areas of gender and rurality including the book Men, Masculinities and Management, published by Ashgate in 2009. Publications have appeared in Gender, Work and Organization, Journal of Rural Studies, Sociologia Ruralis, Work, Employment and Society, Social and Cultural Geography and British Journal of the Sociology of Education.
- Author(s)Barbara Pini,Lia Bryant
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/02/2009
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleRoutledge International Studies of Women and Place
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 10
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white halftones
- Weight430 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.