Gender and Social Policy in a Global Context: Uncovering the Gendered Structure of the Social by Shireen Hassim (Hardback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $230.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $295.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhile there is ermous debate on the scope and values of social policy, gender has been the silent term in these debates. This book illustrates why both academic research and policy thinking need to factor-in gender hierarchies and structures if they are to address some of the key challenges of contemporary societies.
- Author BiographyLOURDES BENERIA Professor of City and Regional Planning and Women's Studies and Director, International Studies in Planning Programme, Cornell University, USA DEBBIE BUDLENDER Specialist Researcher of Social Policy, Community Agency for Social Enquiry (CASE), South Africa MARIA S. FLORO Associate Professor, Economics Department, American University, USA SUSY GIULLARI Former BA Fellow and Research Officer, UK BARBARA HOBSON Professor of Sociology, Stockholm University, Sweden EVELYNE HUBER Morehead Alumni Distinguished Professor of Political Science, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA JYOTSNA JHA Advisor on Gender and Education, Social Transformation Programmes Division, Commonwealth Secretariat, UK JANE LEWIS Professor of Social Policy, London School of Economics and Political Science, UK FRANCES LUND Associate Professor in Social Policy, University of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa MAUREEN MACKINTOSH Professor of Economics, The Open University, UK VALENTINE M. MOGHADAM Chief of Section, Social and Human Sciences Sector, UNESCO, USA MAXINE MOLYNEUX Professor of Sociology, Institute for the Study of the Americas, University of London, UK ITO PENG Associate Professor of Political Sociology and Director, Dr. David Chu Chair Programme in Asia Pacific Studies, University of Toronto, Canada SILKE STEINHILBER Researcher and Consultant, Germany RAMYA SUBRAHMANIAN Research Fellow, Institute of Development Studies, University of Sussex, UK PAULA TIBANDEBAGE Senior Research Fellow, Economic and Social Research Foundation (ESRF), Tanzania JUFEN WANG Professor, School of Social Development and Public Policy, Fudan University, China
- Author(s)Shireen Hassim
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication27/04/2006
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleSocial Policy in a Development Context Series
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight719 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byShahra Razavi
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.