All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionPrecarious employment presents a monumental challenge to the social, ecomic, and political stability of labour markets in industrialized societies and there is widespread consensus that its growth is contributing to a series of common social inequalities, especially along the lines of gender and citizenship. The editors argue that these inequalities are evident at the national level across industrialized countries, as well as at the regional level within federal societies, such as Canada, Germany, the United States, and Australia and in the European Union. This book brings together contributions addressing this issue which include case studies exploring the size, nature, and dynamics of precarious employment in different industrialized countries and chapters examining conceptual and methodological challenges in the study of precarious employment in comparative perspective. The collection aims to yield new ways of understanding, conceptualizing, measuring, and responding, via public policy and other means - such as new forms of union organization and community organizing at multiple scales - to the forces driving labour market insecurity.
- Author BiographyLeah F. Vosko is Canada Research Chair in Feminist Political Economy at the School of Social Sciences (Political Science), York University, Toronto, Canada. Martha MacDonald is Professor in the Economics department at Saint Mary's University, Nova Scotia, Canada. Iain Campbell is a Senior Research Fellow at RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/07/2009
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleRoutledge IAFFE Advances in Feminist Economics
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 10
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note16 black & white illustrations, 36 black & white tables, 16 black & white line drawings
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byIain Campbell,Leah F. Vosko,Martha MacDonald
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.