All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionContaining contributions by some of the best kwn researchers in the field, this volume considers the intersection between the Open Method of Coordination (OMC), a relatively new mode of policy-making, and gender equality, a long-standing area of EU policy. It draws on a range of disciplinary perspectives to examine the effectiveness of the OMC as a medium for the advancement of gender equality within the EU. It also considers gender in the OMC in a variety of contexts and at both a general EU and Member State level. Central to the discussion is the concept of gender mainstreaming which proposes that a gender equality perspective should be incorporated at every level and opportunity of EU policy and practice. The authors assess how successful this has been in the context of the OMC. The book provides a unique and contemporary body of work on the OMC which adds significantly to existing understandings of this form of governance and informs critical debate of EU social governance.
- Author BiographyFiona Beveridge is Professor of Law at the University of Liverpool. Her research interests are in the areas of International Economic Law; Feminist Legal Studies; and EU law. She has written extensively on these and related areas. Samantha Velluti, is a Lecturer in Law at the Lincoln Law School, University of Lincoln, UK. Dr. Velluti's publication and research interests include EU governance and open method of co-ordination; EU social law and policy; gender equality; and migration.
- Author(s)Samantha Velluti
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/09/2008
- SubjectEU Law: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight554 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byFiona Beveridge
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.06New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.