All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionIn Gendered Worlds, Third Edition, authors Judy Root Aulette and Judith Wittner use the sociological imagination to explore gender relations throughout the world. They look at how concrete forms of gender, race, class, and sexual inequality operate transnationally; examine the impact of globalization on local and everyday life experiences; and identify how local actors re-imagine social possibilities, resist injustice, and work toward change. Integrating theory with empirical studies that are of particular interest to college students--including research on violence, sports, and sexuality--the authors make gender concepts genuinely interesting and accessible. They also demonstrate how students can think critically about gender, both within and beyond the classroom.
- Author BiographyJudy Root Aulette is Professor in the Department of Sociology and the Women's and Gender Studies Program at UNC-Charlotte. She is author of Changing American Families, Third Edition (2010), and coauthor, with Anna Aulette-Root and Floretta Boonzaier, of South African Women Living with HIV: GlobalLessons from Local Voices (2013). Judith Wittner is Professor in the Department of Sociology at Loyola University Chicago. She is coeditor, with R. Stephen Warner, of Gatherings In Diaspora: Religious Communities and the New Immigration (1998).
- Author(s)Professor Judy Root Aulette,Professor and Director of Graduate Studies Judith Wittner
- PublisherOxford University Press, USA
- Date of Publication15/07/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press, USA
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables
- Weight907 g
- Width193 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement3rd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.