All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe advancement of European gender equality rights over the past three decades has been accompanied by a growing diversity of gender regimes in an enlarging EU. While the paradigms in European governance research tend to focus on homogenisation, enforcement and compliance with EU rms, comparative approaches to Europeanisation are premised on the awareness of a multiple Europe. This book explores gendered varieties of Europeanisation, ranging from resistance to adaptation, transformation and invation. How have EU members engaged with EC equal-opportunity directives since 1975? Which gender issues have sparked political controversy? What were the outcomes of the interplays between EU rms and domestic gender regimes, public discourses on the EU and gender equality advocates? Gendering Europeanisation presents the findings of an international group of social and political scientists based at the University of Bremen. The volume begins with a scrutiny of the mechanisms and forms of Europeanisation, presents case studies of six countries and concludes with a comparative analysis of gender politics in Europe.
- Author BiographyThe Editor: Ulrike Liebert is professor of Political Science, holds a Jean Monnet Chair in Comparative European Politics, and heads the Centre for European Studies, University of Bremen, Germany.
- PublisherEuropean Interuniversity Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2003
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleEurope Plurielle/Multiple Europes
- Series Part/Volume Number19
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- ImprintEuropean Interuniversity Press
- Content Notetables
- Weight440 g
- Edited byUlrike Liebert
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.