All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionEven in a realm that would seem to be as far removed from issues of gender as natural resource management, gender bias is pernicious and persistent, especially in India. Genderscapes looks at the reasons for this bias from a number of angles, including the socialization of attitudes, the shaping of community ideologies, and the construction of disciplines and research methodologies. Sumi Krishna puts forward the vel concept of genderscapes to reflect the totality of women's life worlds, and she builds her use of the concept on a group of rich case studies, including the caring practices of forest-dwellers, women's kwledge of biodiversity, and their widespread responsibility for farming and food production. Women's ecomic needs cant be separated from their sociopolitical interests, Krishna shows-and only by looking at them as a whole can we solve the problem of discrimination.
- Author BiographySumi Krishna has been president of the Indian Association for Women's Studies and is the author of a number of books.
- Date of Publication11/11/2014
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight472 g
- Width146 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited bySumi Krishna
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.