Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionGene Control offers a current description of how gene expression is controlled in eukaryotes, reviewing and summarizing the extensive primary literature into an easily accessible format. Gene Control is a comprehensively restructured and expanded edition of Latchman's Gene Regulation: A Eukaryotic Perspective, Fifth Edition. The first part of the book deals with the fundamental processes of gene control at the levels of chromatin structure, transcription, and post-transcriptional processes. Three pairs of chapters deal with each of these aspects, first describing the basic process itself, followed by the manner in which it is involved in controlling gene expression. The second part of the book deals with the role of gene control in specific biological processes. Certain chapters deal with the importance of gene control in cellular signaling processes and for rmal development of the embryo. Ather chapter discusses the key roles played by gene-regulatory processes in the specification of differentiated cell types such as muscle cells and neurons. The final chapters discuss the consequences of errors in gene control; the relationship between gene misregulation and human diseases, especially cancer; and potential therapies designed specifically to target particular levels of gene control. Gene Control will be of value to students in biological sciences, as well as to scientists and clinicians interested in how genes are regulated in health and disease.
- Author BiographyDavid Latchman is Professor of Genetics and Master of Birkbeck, University of London and Professor of Human Genetics at the Institute of Child Health, University College London. His current teaching includes coursework on Eukaryotic Molecular Biology including Gene control to 200 + second year students at UCL and Masters courses on Gene Regulation to students at Birkbeck. Previous publications include Gene Regulation 5e, Taylor & Francis in 2005, Eukaryotic Transcription Factors 4e, Elsevier, in 2004 and a variety of journal articles. His previous books have a reputation for their clarity of explanation.
- Author(s)David S. Latchman
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2010
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGarland Publishing Inc
- Content Note638 colour illustrations, 17 black & white tables, 27 black & white halftones, 29 colour illustrations, 596 colour line drawings
- Weight880 g
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.