All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGene doping is regarded as the form of performance enhancement in elite sports with the greatest potential which also raises issues for all of society that transcend competitive sport. This book brings together detailed concepts for lessons dealing with the scientific, legal, ethical, and social aspects of gene doping. The lessons have been applied in class and extensively antated for classroom use. Upper secondary level students may choose out of various options which will refine and expand their subject expertise as well as their methodology, decision-making and responsibility in accordance with their subject focus, interdisciplinary approach, and curricular objectives.
- Author BiographySwen Korner is professor at the German Sport University Cologne. His research focuses on physical education and social sciences in sports as well as systems theory. Stefanie Schardien works for the Evangelical Reformed Church of Bavaria. She researches theological bioethics, fundamental theological problems and ecumenical theology. Birte Steven-Vitense, Tobias Arenz, and Marcel Scharf are researchers at the German Sport University Cologne. Edgar Dorn is a researcher at Hildesheim University Foundation and Steffen Albach is a teacher of political education and economics.
- Author(s)Birte Steven-Vitense,Edgar Dorn,Stefanie Schardien,Steffen Albach,Swen Korner
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication13/06/2016
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationBern
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2016
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight300 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.