All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionGene Therapy for Viral Infections provides a comprehensive review of the broader field of nucleic acid and its use in treating viral infections. The text bridges the gap between basic science and important clinical applications of the techlogy, providing a systematic, integrated review of the advances in nucleic acid-based antiviral drugs and the potential advantages of new techlogies over current treatment options. Coverage begins with the fundamentals, exploring varying topics, including harnessing RNAi to silence viral gene expression, antiviral gene editing, viral gene therapy vectors, and n-viral vectors. Subsequent sections include detailed coverage of the developing use of gene therapy for the treatment of specific infections, the principles of rational design of antivirals, and the hurdles that currently face the further advancement of gene therapy techlogy.
- Author BiographyPatrick Arbuthnot is currently a personal professor and director of the Antiviral Gene Therapy Research Unit at the University of the Witwatersrand in Johannesburg, South Africa. After completing a medical degree and then a PhD, he carried out post-doctoral research on gene therapy for liver diseases at Necker Hospital in Paris. For more than ten years, his primary research focus has been on advancing gene silencing and gene editing technologies to develop improved treatment of chronic hepatitis B virus infection. In addition, he has worked on furthering methods of disabling genes of HIV-1, Rift Valley Fever virus and hepatitis C virus. Dr Arbuthnot has been an author of numerous publications and edited scientific books on topics related to antiviral gene therapy.
- Author(s)Patrick Arbuthnot
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication18/06/2015
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight800 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.