Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionApril 17, 2001 marked the opening of the Statue of Liberty-Ellis Island Foundation online database of records. There were 50 million hits to the site within the first 6 hours, clearly indicating the interest in finding one's ancestors is extremely popular. This database of 22 million names-representing 60% of all US immigration records-has opened the floodgates for a huge increase in the number of amateur genealogists. Released in February 2001, the Freedman's Bank CD contains biographical information on the roughly 500,000 African Americans who deposited money into Freedman's Bank following the Civil War. It is estimated that 8-10 million African Americans living today have ancestors whose records are contained in the Freedman's database.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Powell Crowe (Huntsville, AL) is the best-selling author of the previous editions of Genealogy Online. She has been a contributing editor for Computer Currents magazine and the author of numerous articles in both popular and technical publications. Elizabeth has been pursuing genealogy for more than 20 years.
- Author(s)Elizabeth P. Crowe
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/11/2001
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight719 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.