All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book, a new approach is pioneered in providing a unified theory in continuum mechanics. General Continuum Mechanics is intended for the beginner, but it develops advanced material covering interdisciplinary subjects. With applications of convective, Lagrangian, and Eulerian coordinates and the first and second laws of thermodynamics, the first-year graduate student will learn solid mechanics and fluid mechanics as an integrated subject. Electromagnetic continuum and relativistic continuum are included. The conservational properties of mass, momentum, and energy on earth and in the universe constitute the ingredients of this book. They are the monumental contributions of Newton, Maxwell, and Einstein, a parama of beauty of universal laws that evolved over the last four centuries. No boundaries are needed to separate them, but rather we integrate them in harmony and place them in perspective. This is the book for interdisciplinary studies to carry out the modern scientific projects in which engineering, physics, and applied mathematics must be combined.
- Author BiographyT. J. Chung is a distinguished professor of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at the University of Alabama, Huntsville. He has also authored Computational Fluid Dynamics and Applied Continuum Mechanics, both published by Cambridge University Press.
- Author(s)T. J. Chung
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication29/01/2007
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note2 tables 90 exercises
- Weight980 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.