All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGeneral Equilibrium Theory: An Introduction presents the mathematical ecomic theory of price determination and resource allocation from elementary to advanced levels, suitable for advanced undergraduates and graduate students of ecomics. This Arrow-Debreu model (kwn for two of its most prominent founders, both Nobel Laureates) is the basis of modern price theory and of a wide range of applications. The new edition updates discussion throughout and expands the number and variety of exercises. It offers a revised and extended treatment of core convergence, including the case of n-convex preferences, and introduces the investigation of approximate equilibrium with U-shaped curves and n-convex preferences.
- Author BiographyRoss M. Starr is Professor of Economics at the University of California, San Diego, where he has taught since 1980. He has also served on the faculties of Yale University, the London School of Economics and the University of California, Davis, and he held a Guggenheim Fellowship at the University of California, Berkeley. Professor Starr's research focuses on general equilibrium theory, mathematical economics and monetary theory. He is the editor of General Equilibrium Models of Monetary Economies (1989) and coeditor of the three-volume Essays in Honor of Kenneth Arrow (Cambridge University Press, 1986). His articles have appeared in journals such as Econometrica, Economic Theory, the Journal of Economic Theory, the Journal of Money, Credit, and Banking, the Quarterly Journal of Economics and the Review of Economic Studies. Cambridge University Press released the first edition of General Equilibrium Theory: An Introduction in 1997.
- Author(s)Ross M. Starr
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication25/04/2011
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note42 b/w illus.
- Weight850 g
- Width215 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.77Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.