All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $23.00New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.26Trending at AU $43.67
About this product
- DescriptionBased on a treasure trove of newly discovered information, General Henry Lockwood of Delaware: Shipmate of Melville, Co-builder of the Naval Academy, Civil War Commander offers the first comparative study of Lockwood's seminal influence on the emergence of the U.S. Naval Academy. Colonel Matthews shines new light on the Civil War commander, with a description of Lockwood's duties during the Semile Indian War, an analysis of Melville's depiction of Professor Lockwood, a critical discussion of Alfred Thayer Mahan's depiction of Lockwood, and a tactical reconstruction of Commodore Jones's seizure of Monterey. Matthews inverts Lockwood's unjust historical reputation by offering a comprehensive defense of Lockwood's actions at Cold Harbor and an unblinking expose of the reprehensible conduct of corps commander Goverr Warren in relieving him.
- Author BiographyLloyd J. Matthews is a retired Army colonel.
- Author(s)Colonel Lloyd J. Matthews
- PublisherUniversity of Delaware Press
- Date of Publication04/04/2014
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationCranbury
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Delaware Press
- Content Note9 black & white halftones, 5 maps
- Weight871 g
- Width163 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine40 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.