Generalized Calculus with Applications to Matter and Forces by Luis Manuel Braga de Costa Campos (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $84.78Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $129.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCombining mathematical theory, physical principles, and engineering problems, Generalized Calculus with Applications to Matter and Forces examines generalized functions, including the Heaviside unit jump and the Dirac unit impulse and its derivatives of all orders, in one and several dimensions. The text introduces the two main approaches to generalized functions: (1) as a nuniform limit of a family of ordinary functions, and (2) as a functional over a set of test functions from which properties are inherited. The second approach is developed more extensively to encompass multidimensional generalized functions whose arguments are ordinary functions of several variables. As part of a series of books for engineers and scientists exploring advanced mathematics, Generalized Calculus with Applications to Matter and Forces presents generalized functions from an applied point of view, tackling problem classes such as: * Gauss and Stokes' theorems in the differential geometry, tensor calculus, and theory of potential fields * Self-adjoint and n-self-adjoint problems for linear differential equations and nlinear problems with large deformations * Multipolar expansions and Green's functions for elastic strings and bars, potential and rotational flow, electro- and magnetostatics, and more This third volume in the series Mathematics and Physics for Science and Techlogy is designed to complete the theory of functions and its application to potential fields, relating generalized functions to broader follow-on topics like differential equations. Featuring step-by-step examples with interpretations of results and discussions of assumptions and their consequences, Generalized Calculus with Applications to Matter and Forces enables readers to construct mathematical-physical models suited to new observations or vel engineering devices.
- Author BiographyConsidered one of Europe's leading applied mathematicians, Luis Manuel Braga de Costa Campos has authored 9 books, 129 papers in 56 journals, and 203 communications to symposia. He holds 2 patents in the US and UK and has been involved in over 40 research projects with international external funding. Dr. Campos also received the Von Karman Medal from the NATO Advisory Group for Aerospace Research and Development (AGARD) and Research and Technology Organization (RTO). Participation in AGARD/RTO included a vice-chairmanship of the System Concepts and Integration Panel, chairmanship of the Flight Mechanics and Flight Vehicle Integration Panels, and membership in the Flight Test Techniques Working Group.
- Author(s)Luis Manuel Braga de Costa Campos
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication26/01/2010
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleMathematics and Physics for Science and Technology
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note160 black & white illustrations, 42 black & white tables
- Weight1723 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine51 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.84Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $21.54
- AU $21.96Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.