Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionGeneralized estimating equations have become increasingly popular in biometrical, ecometrical, and psychometrical applications because they overcome the classical assumptions of statistics, i.e. independence and rmality, which are too restrictive for many problems. Therefore, the main goal of this book is to give a systematic presentation of the original generalized estimating equations (GEE) and some of its further developments. Subsequently, the emphasis is put on the unification of various GEE approaches. This is done by the use of two different estimation techniques, the pseudo maximum likelihood (PML) method and the generalized method of moments (GMM). The author details the statistical foundation of the GEE approach using more general estimation techniques. The book could therefore be used as basis for a course to graduate students in statistics, biostatistics, or ecometrics, and will be useful to practitioners in the same fields.
- Author BiographyAfter studying statistics and mathematics at the University of Munich, Andreas Ziegler obtained his doctoral degree from the University of Dortmund (Germany) for his thesis on methodological developments on generalized estimating equations. In the past 15 years, he has authored or co-authored more than 300 journal articles and 6 books. He has received several awards for his methodological developments and collaborative studies in clinical trials and genetic epidemiology. Andreas Ziegler is professor and head of the Institute of Medical Biometry and Statistics at the University of Lubeck (Germany).
- Author(s)Andreas R. Ziegler
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication19/06/2011
- Series TitleLecture Notes in Statistics
- Series Part/Volume Number204
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note2 black & white tables, biography
- Weight254 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.