All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat does it mean to be young and Muslim today? There is a segment of the world's 1.6 billion Muslims that is more influential than any other, and will shape t just the future of Muslims, but also the world around them: meet 'Generation M'.From fashion magazines to social networking, the 'Mipsterz' to the 'Haloodies', halal internet dating to Muslim boy bands, Generation M are making their mark. Shelina Janmohamed, award-winning author and leading voice on Muslim youth, investigates this growing cultural phemen at a time when understanding the mindset of young Muslims is critical. With their belief in an identity encompassing both faith and modernity, Generation M are t only adapting to Western consumerism, but reclaiming it as their own.
- Author BiographyShelina Janmohamed is the bestselling author of Love in a Headscarf. She is an established commentator on Muslim social and religious trends, and has written for the Guardian, the National and the BBC.
- Author(s)Shelina Janmohamed
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication30/08/2016
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note20 bw integrated
- Weight340 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.