All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis acclaimed, influential work applies the concepts of systemic family therapy to the emotional life of congregations. Edwin H. Friedman shows how the same understanding of family process that can aid clergy in their pastoral role also has important ramifications for negotiating congregational dynamics and functioning as an effective leader. Clergy from diverse deminations, as well as family therapists and counselors, have found that this book directly addresses the dilemmas and crises they encounter daily. It is widely used as a text in courses on pastoral care, leadership, and family systems.
- Author BiographyEdwin H. Friedman, a family therapist and ordained rabbi, was born in New York City and worked for more than 35 years in the Washington, DC, metropolitan area, until his death in 1996. Well known in the fields of mental health and pastoral education, Dr. Friedman brought his unique blend of systems thinking and common sense to his highly regarded work as a consultant and leadership trainer with diverse professional and government organizations.
- Author(s)Edwin H. Friedman
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication12/04/2011
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight460 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.