Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.04
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
About this product
- DescriptionIt is 1878, and Jeremiah and Matilda Dunniff are broke. After the linen industry crumbles, the young Irish couple realizes they have way to make money. With an eviction tice hanging over their heads, they decide to immigrate to America with hopes of creating a better life. They are unaware that, across the Atlantic, more hardship awaits. When the Dunniff family arrives in New York City, they are forced to move into the tenements, where Jeremiah soon recognizes that the streets in America are t paved with gold. As he becomes angry and turns to the bottle for comfort, Matilda discovers she is pregnant with ather child, whom she later names Rose. Unfortunately, Jeremiah is on a path of self-destruction; after Rose enters sixth grade, he dies from alcoholism. Rose, forced to grow up much sooner than rmal, falls in love with the theater and begins acting. As Rose begins her own journey through life, it soon becomes evident that each generation born will turn to the previous one for guidance-an act that strengthens the Dunniff family bond forever. Generations of Love is a compelling tale that follows three generations through love, loss, pain, sorrow, and joy as each family attempts to survive all of life's challenges.
- Author(s)Patricia Smith Janssen
- Date of Publication13/12/2011
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight422 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.