All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is concerned with the genetic consequences of nu- cleotide pool imbalance. There are a number of ways in which this state can be achieved and the majority of papers in this volume de- scribe the effects of nucleotide pool imbalance on DNA replication and repair, and the induction of gene mutations in various organisms. This book grew out of a Conference on Genetic Consequences of Nu- cleotide Pool Imbalance which was held at the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences on May 9-11, 1983. The Organizing Com- mittee consisted of Drs. Diana Anderson (BIBRA), Robert Haynes (York University), Bernard Kunz (NIEHS), Barry Glickman (NIEHS), and Frederick J. de Serres (NIEHS), Chairman. The meeting was org- ized by the staff of the Office of the Associate Director for Genetics and was financed solely by the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences. Frederick J. de Serres, Ph.D. Associate Director for Genetics v CONTENTS SECTION I. INTRODUCTION Molecular Mechanisms in Genetic Stability and Change: 1 The Role of Deoxyribonucleotide Pool Balance ****** Robert H. Haynes SECTION II. NUCLEOTIDE METABOLISM 25 Metabolic Effects of Poly(ADP-ribose) Inhibitors ******** Kathryn M. Milam and James E. Cleaver Ribonucleotide Reductase and Deoxyribonucleotide 33 POQ 1 s ...Peter Reichard 47 Enzymatic Channeling of DNA Precursors ****************** Christopher K. Mathews A Possible Secondary Role for Thymine-Containing DNA 67 Precursors ...Robert J. Melamede and Susan S. Wallace Multiple Mechanisms of Adesine Toxicity in an Adesine Sensitive Mutant of Baby Hamster 103 Kidney (BHK) Cells ...
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication11/11/2011
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleBasic Life Sciences
- Series Part/Volume Number31
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, bibliography
- Weight1009 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byFrederick de Serres
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.29Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.