All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNot only the final outcome but the process of creative endeavor has long attracted attention in various artistic disciplines, but only recently has the potential of such research been seriously explored. The most rigorous basis for the study of artistic creativity comes t from anecdotal or autobiographical reports, but from original handwritten sketches and drafts and preliminary studies, as well as from revised manuscripts and typescripts, corrected proof sheets, and similar primary sources. The term 'genetic criticism' or 'critique genetique' relates t to the field of genetics, but to the genesis of works of art, as studied in a broad and inclusive context. The essays in this volume explore aspects of genetic criticism in an interdisciplinary context, emphasizing music, literature, and theater. A common thread pertains to the essential continuity between a work and its genesis. This volume brings together essays from leading scholars on subjects ranging from biblical scholarship to Samuel Beckett, and from Beethoven's Eroica Symphony to very recent musical compositions. Contributors: Nicolas Donin, Daniel Ferrer, Alan Gosman, R. B. Graves, Joseph E. Jones, William Kinderman, Jean-Louis Lebrave, Lewis Lockwood, Geert Lerut, Peter McCallum, Armine Kotin Mortimer, and James L. Zychowicz. William Kinderman is professor of musicology at the University of Illiis at Urbana-Champaign; Joseph E. Jones is visiting assistant professor of musicology at the University of Illiis at Urbana-Champaign.
- Author BiographyProfessor in the School of Music, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Author(s)Joseph E. Jones,William Kinderman
- PublisherBoydell & Brewer Ltd
- Date of Publication01/12/2009
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationRochester
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2009
- ImprintUniversity of Rochester Press
- Content Note65, 15 black and white, 50 line drawing
- Weight666 g
- Width157 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $99.95
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.15
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.63Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.