All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication30/09/2011
- SubjectLife Sciences: Botany
- Series TitleGenetic Engineering: Principles and Methods
- Series Part/Volume Number12
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight620 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byJane K. Setlow
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1990
- Table Of ContentsFolding of Eukaryotic Proteins Produced in EscherichiaColi.- Human Retinoblastoma Susceptibility Gene.- ?-Oligodeoxynucleotides (?-DNA): A New Chimeric Nucleic Acid Analog.- The Utility of Streptomycetes as Hosts for Gene Cloning.- From Footprint to Function: An Approach to Study Gene Expression and Regulatory Factors in Transgenic Plants.- Purification of Recombinant Proteins with Metal Chelate Adsorbent.- Determinants of Translation Efficiency of Specific mRNAs in Mammalian Cells.- The Polymerase Chain Reaction.- Regulation of Alternative Splicing.- Structure and Function of the Nuclear Receptor Superfamily for Steroid, Thyroid Hormone and Retinoic Acid.- Identification and Functional Analysis of Mammalian Splicing Factors.- The Genes Encoding Wheat Storage Proteins: Towards a Molecular Understanding of Bread-Making Quality and Its Genetic Manipulation.- Control of Translation Initiation in Mammalian Cells.- Electroporation of Bacteria: A General Approach to Genetic Transformation.- The Isolation and Identification of Cdna Genes by Their Heterologous Expression and Function.- Molecular Cloning of Genes Encoding Transcription Factors With the Use of Recognition Site Probes.
- Author BiographyJane K. Setlow, PhD. has championed the field of genetics for over 30 years, agreeing to edit Genetic Engineering: Principles & Methods since its inception in 1979. An internationally recognized scientist with numerous publications, Dr. Setlow is the former Chairperson of the NIH Recombinant DNA Molecule Advisory Committee (RAC). Her lab can found at Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, New York.
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $21.31New
- AU $24.97New
- AU $20.06New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.93New
- AU $11.61Used
- AU $20.04New
- AU $32.19New
- AU $21.90New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $22.97Trending at AU $28.00
- AU $16.56Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $21.50Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $78.34Trending at AU $90.91
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.56
- AU $21.39Trending at AU $22.76
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $43.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.