All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionRefreshing and informative...describe[s] the new complex research tools, directions and interpretations in a lucid and understandable fashion. --- Lancet, North American edition Beautifully crafted...The most significant contribution of this book involves its integration of areas that are t typically considered in genetic overviews. --- American Scientist, 1998 This book does an extraordinary job of making sense out of the many complex and controversial issues surrounding psychiatric genetics...It is worth the price. --- Journal of Genetic Counseling, Vol. 6, No. 3, 1997 This collection of essays clearly examines the complex nature of mental illness, focusing on the theory and state of the art of psychiatric genetics. This insightful volume is the first to present the diverse viewpoints of investigators, policy analysts, and psychiatric patients. Contributors explore the roles of genes in mental illness and describe various clinical, ethical, and social implications of psychiatric genetics. Additional discussions include trends in psychiatric genetic research, nature versus nurture in behavioral genetics, basic statistical principles of linkage analysis, and the many social domains relevant to psychiatric genetics.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication24/05/2013
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight373 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byL.L. Hall
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1996
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.