All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $23.77Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
About this product
- DescriptionProfound mortality rates, due to cardiovascular disease, are a worldwide problem. Cardiovascular disease results from complications of a silent and chronic arterial disease: atherosclerosis. The challenge for the practitioner is adapting diagstic and therapeutic responses to prevent this common and complex disease. Dyslipidemia, are disorders of the metabolism of soluble transporters of lipids in extracellular spaces of the human body (including blood), called lipoproteins. They are major cardiovascular risk factors, causally related with atherosclerosis and are themselves multifactorial diseases, resulting from interactions between genetic and environmental factors. The study of genetic factors has recently taken a new path with the study of DNA as an experimental object. More than fifty genes of lipoprotein metabolism have been identified in both their physiological actions and their contribution to the pathogenesis of human dyslipidemia. The diversity of observations has refined our current kwledge of the control of lipid metabolism and energy homeostasis in living organisms beyond the limits of the cardiovascular system (e.g., brain, immune system, and development). These studies have given way to a shake-up of former phetypic classifications, distinguishing new entities, defining targeted therapeutic strategies, providing a basis for different patterns of disease distribution in human populations.
- Author(s)Pascale Benlian
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication05/11/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleBasic Science for the Cardiologist
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight510 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2001
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.