About this product
- DescriptionLife is too short for gluten-free food to be dull. So, the founder of .1 free-from brand, Genius gluten-free, Lucinda Bruce-Gardyne, shows us lots of tasty ways to keep it interesting. On the menu are: Tasty tarts and pies, soups and salads, and pasta and pizzas; breakfast treats like American Pancakes and French Toast; nutritious family favourites from Chicken Pie to Lasagne and Savoury Crepes, and inspiring ideas for entertaining, including Cheese and Rosemary Sables and Tarte Tatin. Packed with tips, advice and kwledge gleaned from years of exhaustive research and experience - from how to read food labels, the science behind ingredients, the benefits of a gluten-free diet, and the essential gluten-free store cupboard ingredients explained - Lucinda creates great-tasting food every time. With recipes well within the range of cooks of all abilities, this book adds up to an indispensable family cookbook. As more and more of us are looking for inspiring gluten-free and coeliac-friendly recipes, trained chef, Lucinda, brings together 120 tried-and-tested recipes in this accessible and beautiful cookbook.
- Author BiographyLucinda is a chef, physiologist, mother and entrepreneur. Genius Gluten-Free was born out of Lucinda's urgent need to provide tasty gluten-free bread for her son, whom had been diagnosed as gluten intolerant. After failing to find an alternative to the brick like, vacuum packed offerings on supermarket shelves, Lucinda realised that she had to create something herself. Necessity was the mother of creation. In 2009, Genius Gluten-Free bread hit the shelves. Today, Lucinda splits her time between overseeing the development of Genius products and talking directly to coeliac sufferers and others who want to learn more about the benefit of a gluten-free diet. The community always remain close to Lucinda's heart. Genius Gluten-Free supports The Sick Kids Friends Foundation, who work with the Royal Hospital for Sick Children in Edinburgh. As well as the founder of Genius Gluten-Free, Lucinda is the author of the bestselling cookbook How to Cook for Food Allergies and co-author of Leiths Techniques Bible. Lucinda is a member of the board of the Entrepreneurial Scotland, and mentors entrepreneurs who are taking their first steps to creating new businesses. Lucinda lives in Scotland with her family.
- Author(s)Lucinda Bruce-Gardyne
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication14/01/2016
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight630 g
- Width190 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best Selling in Cook Books
- AU $42.92New
- AU $35.00New
- AU $30.78New
- AU $15.99New
Save on Cook Books
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $28.36
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $21.15Trending at AU $31.84
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $38.70
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $27.59Trending at AU $31.91
- AU $35.71Trending at AU $54.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.