All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGemic signal processing (GSP) can be defined as the analysis, processing, and use of gemic signals to gain biological kwledge, and the translation of that kwledge into systems-based applications that can be used to diagse and treat genetic diseases. Situated at the crossroads of engineering, biology, mathematics, statistics, and computer science, GSP requires the development of both nlinear dynamical models that adequately represent gemic regulation, and diagstic and therapeutic tools based on these models. This book facilitates these developments by providing rigorous mathematical definitions and propositions for the main elements of GSP and by paying attention to the validity of models relative to the data. Ilya Shmulevich and Edward Dougherty cover real-world situations and explain their mathematical modeling in relation to systems biology and systems medicine. Gemic Signal Processing makes a major contribution to computational biology, systems biology, and translational gemics by providing a self-contained explanation of the fundamental mathematical issues facing researchers in four areas: classification, clustering, network modeling, and network intervention.
- Author BiographyIlya Shmulevich, an associate professor at the Institute for Systems Biology, is the coauthor of Microarray Quality Control and the coeditor of Computational and Statistical Approaches to Genomics . Edward R. Dougherty is professor of electrical and computer engineering and director of the Genomic Signal Processing Laboratory at Texas A&M University, and director of the Computational Biology Division at the Translational Genomics Research Institute. His thirteen previous books include Random Processes for Image and Signal Processing .
- Author(s)Edward R. Dougherty,Ilya Shmulevich
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication02/07/2007
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Series TitlePrinceton Series in Applied Mathematics
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note20 halftones. 47 line illus. 4 tables.
- Weight599 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.