All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGive your child the gift of natural health When your children are sick or injured, you want them to feel better -- fast. Although in some cases there is substitute for traditional medical care, prescription drugs are t always the best answer. Countless parents are discovering that natural, health-promoting substances can often be both safer and more effective. Now, a master herbalist with more than twenty-five years of experience who is also a mother of two shares her natural approach to wellness. Inside you'll find easy holistic therapies for common childhood injuries and ailments, and learn: * how a banana can remove a splinter * which herbs help reduce fever * how an onion helps both bruises and earaches * why garlic is nature's antibiotic * how a spritz of rosemary hair juice prevents lice * why peppermint tea relieves both headaches and stomachaches * how gargling with lemon juice and table salt can ease a sore throat * why ginger root can ease motion sickness * and many other intelligent uses of foods and therapeutic plants -- nature's own medicine -- to alleviate discomforts. Best of all, this invaluable reference stresses and approach that helps you teach you children the benefits of proventing illness -- t just treating it.
- Author BiographyAndrea Candee, M.H., M.S.C., is a master herbalist with a consultation practice in Westchester County, New York. She lectures at the New York Botanical Garden and throughout the country on how to use nautre's pharmacy for regaining health and maintaining wellness. She consults with physicians and other health-care practitioners, designing protocols of botanical medicine for their patients. She has been featured in many publications, including the Sunday New York Times, Self, and New Woman magazines, and has made numerous television and radio appearances.
- Author(s)Andrea Candee
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication01/12/2003
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPocket Books
- Content Note(F)
- Weight268 g
- Width134 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $19.32Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.