All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat American author Frances Mayes accomplished with Under the Tuscan Sun, Australian writer Jo Mitchell has given us with Gentle Warriors - a woman's journey to find meaning when she realizes that age has irrevocably changed her world. Gentle Warriors provides a poignant and often funny look at what it means to move beyond the anxieties of growing older in a youth-obsessed culture. We eagerly follow her anthology of musings about ageing, money, coming to terms with the past, adult children, loss, travel, mepause, and romance. This joyously seductive book pulls us into an Australian landscape that's filled with the beauty of nature as well as the most delicious culinary creations. Gentle Warriors kws boundaries - we are led to ponder our own milestones to find new meanings. It's a timely lesson for us all about ageing well and how to embrace life after fifty. I've written this book to share my thoughts and feelings on life after fifty in the hope that other women (and men) may find resonance and enjoyment with what I think and with what's going on in my life here in Sydney, Australia. Once I turned fifty, I decided I needed to change some of what I was feeling and thinking and how I lived. After reflection, tears and laughter, It occurred to me that what I wanted to be like, what I needed to be like, was a kind of gentle warrior, strong but still kind and compassionate, inspired and inspiring, resolute, determined and, although maybe a little battle-worn, to never be defeated by the insignificant. I believe us mid-lifers can move beyond simply counting the years, kilos and lines and find light, love and laughter and live with the firm intention that we will make the most of the years to come. I'm sure a lot of what I have to say is universal so if you find some thoughts or words that help you change the way you think, laugh or cook or simply feel better, that would be my greatest wish.
- Author BiographyJo Mitchell lives in Sydney, Australia. She is a mother, writer, traveller and a successful businesswoman with past creative achievements in the fields of advertising and television. Jo is a Justice of the Peace, a qualified counsellor and celebrant which allows her the opportunity to share her knowledge and experiences to help others move forward confidently and happily.
- Author(s)Jo Mitchell
- Date of Publication28/12/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight259 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.