All listings for this product
About this product
- Description1. Gentleman Takes a Chance is a fast-moving urban fantasy adventure of a desperate clash of shape-shifters in a modern city, and will appeal to the readers who have made Mercedes Lackey's urban fantasy vels top-sellers. 2. Quotes for Hoyt: - Publishers Weekly called Ill Met by Moonlight A literate first vel... a quality item with crossover appeal. - Library Journal called it fanciful and charming. - Booklist praised the concluding vel in a starred review: Exceptional, wonderful and ermously entertaining. 3. Advertising in Locus, more 4. Large distribution of ARCs 5. Featured book on Baen.com 6. Co-op available There are those living secretly among us who have the power to change their physical form from that of a human to an animal, even animals thought to be mythical, such as dragons. Throughout out the ages, these shape shifters have come together in a loose organization to protect themselves from humans and other shape shifters. According to their code, killing ather shifter is a crime, matter if the shifter was slaughtering humans. Kyrie Smith, a young panther shifter, must decide where she will stand: with her group or with humanity at large. And she ll have to do it while both older shifters and her boyfriend Tom Ormson a dragon shifter push her from quandary to quandary and police detective Rafiel Thrall who happens to be a lion shifter demands her help in solving mysterious murders that he suspects have been committed by a shifter. But when Tom begins getting telepathic warnings from the Great Sky Dragon that his life is in danger, the same dragon who recently almost killed him, he and Kyrie realize that much more is involved than a homicidal shape shifter. Someone or something has been killing shifters in large numbers, and the most ancient and powerful of shifters are converging on the city to find the killer. And anyone, human or shifter, who gets in their way will be eliminated without mercy. . . .
- Author BiographySarah A. Hoyt has sold a dozen novels in various genres, including her new Musketeers Mysteries series, starting with Death of a Musketeer, and her acclaimed Shakespearean fantasy series, which started with the Mythopoeic award finalist, Ill Met by Moonlight. An avid history buff and longtime reader of sci-fi, fantasy, and mysteries Sarah has published over three dozen short stories in esteemed magazines such as Asimov's, Analog, Amazing and Weird Tales, as well as several anthologies. Residing in Colorado with her husband, two teen boys and a pride of cats, Sarah is hard at work on her next dozen novels.
- Author(s)Sarah A. Hoyt
- PublisherBaen Books
- Date of Publication07/10/2008
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationRiverdale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaen Books
- Out-of-print date02/11/2012
- Weight513 g
- Width166 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine31 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.84
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.53
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.61
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.