All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe increasing availability and use of geographic data in today's society give rise to many legal barriers and pitfalls, which are often unkwn to or underestimated by policymakers and stakeholders. Geographic Data and the Law stands at the forefront of current research on a topic of increasing urgency in the geographic information field: the legal challenges relating to spatial data information (SDI). The expert authors highlight current and emerging practices and trends in tackling these challenges and showcase how law and policy can be used proactively to stimulate the use of geographic data In a three-part presentation, the book deals with open licensing and data lifecycle regulation; limitations on the availability of geographic data based on privacy, liability, and national security; and the interplay between the public and private sectors on the market for geographic data and information products. Bringing together contributions from kwledgeable and well-kwn scholars and practitioners in the field, this book is a must-read for academics, practitioners, and policymakers dealing with any aspect of geographic data.
- Author BiographyKatleen Janssen is postdoctoral researcher at the Interdisciplinary Centre for Law and ICT (ICRI) of the University of Leuven and cochair of the INSPIRE Drafting Team on Data and Service Sharing. Joep Crompvoets is senior researcher at the Public Management Institute of the University of Leuven and the Centre for Spatial Data Infrastructure and Land Administration of the University of Melbourne.
- PublisherLeuven University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLeuven
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- ImprintLeuven University Press
- Content Note17, 10 figures, 7 black & white tables
- Weight399 g
- Width160 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byJoep Crompvoets,Katleen Janssen
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $5.79New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.