All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis report charts the changing role and nature of geographical mobility in organisational strategies and career development. It explores the work and family life experiences of employees and partners who have faced job-related geographical mobility. Geographical mobility: Family impacts: highlights geographical mobility as a key cross-cutting policy issue; outlines the rationale for geographical mobility and traces the impacts of such mobility on employee and partner careers; traces the impacts of geographical mobility on individuals and families at different stages of the life course; emphasises the diversity of relocation experiences; draws out associated implications for policy. * This report is important reading for researchers, policy makers and practitioners concerned specifically with relocation, migration and labour markets. It is of particular relevance to those working in human resources, ecomic development and employment policy.
- Author BiographyAnne E. Green is a Principal Research Fellow at the Institute for Employment Research, University of Warwick. Her research focuses on spatial implications of economic, demographic and social change. Angela Canny, formerly Research Fellow at the Institute for Employment Research, University of Warwick, is now at the Department of Education, Mary Immaculate College, University of Limerick.
- Author(s)Angela Canny,Anne E. Green
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication07/05/2003
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleFamily and Work Series
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight255 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.