All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionThis edited collection brings together international experts from the vibrant and growing field of geographies of children, youth and families. Designed as an introduction to the topic, this book provides an overview of current conceptual and theoretical debates surrounding geographies of children, youth and families, and gives a wide range of examples of cutting-edge research from a variety of national contexts across the globe. The theme of 'disentangling the socio-spatial contexts of young people and/or their families' advances debates in the field by emphasising the context of young people's social agency. Geographies of Children, Youth and Families is an invaluable course text for undergraduate and postgraduate students of geography and the social sciences, as well as being of interest to students and practitioners of education, youth work, social policy, and social work.
- Author BiographyLouise Holt is Lecturer in Human Geography at Loughborough University, and a member of the Centre for Research in Identity, Community, Society. Her research interests focus on geographies of children, young people, families and disability, and socio-spatial processes of exclusion, inclusion, embodiment and identity, and social capital. Her work has been published in numerous journals, including Progress in Human Geography, Environment and Planning and Children's Geographies.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/12/2010
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note20 black & white illustrations, 8 black & white tables, 9 black & white halftones, 11 black & white line drawings
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byLouise Holt
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.